1) How many national flags have flown over Texas since the first European exploration of the region by Cortez in 1519?
2) The Mexican General, Santa Anna had a fear of what?
c) The Manifest Destiny
3) What organization proposed a design that was adopted by the Legislature in 1961 for the reverse of the state seal.
a) Daughters of the Republic of Texas
b) Texas Historical Society
c) Sons of Cofederate Veterans
d) Masons of Texas
4) In one of his last public appearances, he said to the people of his native state, "You'all can go to hell. I am going to Texas."
a) Sam Houston
b) David Crockett
c) James Bowie
d) Stephen F. Austin
5) In July 1845, the Constitutional Convention met to consider the United States' proposal, called the Annexation Ordinance or a peace treaty with Mexico which would end war between the two nations, but only if Texas remained an independent country. The Convention voted to accept the United States' proposal and the U.S. House and Senate accepted the Texas state constitution which was signed by the president on which date?
a) February 19, 1846
b) September 20, 1845
c) July 6, 1850
d) December 29, 1845
6) What famous general was stationed in El Paso to fight Pancho Villa?
a) John Pershing
b) George S. Patton
c) Dwight D. Eisenhower
d) Douglas MacArthur
7) Confederate Pension Applications were issued by Texas between these years:
8) President Lyndon Johnson was sworn in as president on what book?
a) The Bible
b) A Dictionary
c) Gammel's Book, The Laws of Texas
d) A Catholic Mass Book
9) Probated Birth Records are:
a) Those that died at birth
b) People who died that did not have a birth record.
c) People whose birth were not registered at the time they were born.
d) A birth record for a deceased person whose will was probated.
10) In the 1860's, what outnumbered people in Texas 9-1?