LoneStar Genealogy's, Texas Triva Challenge 2
Texas Dates To Remember
1) Cabeza de Vaca shipwrecked on what is believed today to be Galveston Island. What year was he shipwrecked?
2) Jean Laffite occupied Galveston Island between these dates?
3) The Texas Declaration of Independence from Mexico was signed by the members at the Convention of ___?
4) The Runaway Scrape began after the seige at the Battle of the Alamo, where the Texans under Col. William B Travis were overwhelmed by Mexican forces on this date?
a) 23 February 1836
b) 6 March 1836
c) 19 December 1838
d) 9 May 1939
5) Texas formally handed over the power of government to the United States at a ceremony in Austin where Texas President Anson Jones gave his farewell address and James Pinckney Henderson took the oath as the first Governor on this date?
a) 19 February 1846
b) 20 September 1845
c) 6 July 1850
d) 29 December 1845
6) The US military sent a shipment of 33 camels, which were purchased for $12,000. Thirty-two plus one calf born at sea arrived at the port of Indianola. What year did the first importation of camels take place?
7) Black gold was discovered at Spindletop oil field near Beaumont on January 10th of what year?
8) Cynthia Ann Parker was captured by Comanche warriors at Fort Parker on 19 May 1836. She was rescued by whom in 1860.
a) County Sheriff
b) Confederate Soldiers
c) Texas Rangers
d) Cattle Drivers
9) On April 16th, the SS Grandcamp exploded at the docks in Texas City. What year did this occur?
10) What year did the Dr. Pepper Company incorporate in Dallas?
This page copyrighted © 1995 by